Sunday, February 6, 2022

Post #1: 5 News Sources



Many might think Instagram is just a place to post pictures and keep up to date with friends, but Instagram has turned out to be much more than that. For me, Instagram is not only a place to stay in touch with family and friends, but it is also a place to learn about current things happening in the world today. Instagram has a section called search where it post current things happening in the media today. I recommend using instagram not only to stay in touch with friends and family, but to keep up with what is going on in the world. This platform is really a way to connect, to individuals, and to current events. 

TikTok is one of the best apps to hear about news in the world today. There are many people who post videos talking or showing things that have happened and their opinions on the topic. TikTok also has an algorithm that keeps track of what kind of videos you watch and then based on that sends certain videos to your for you page. Because I watch some political videos, TikTok then sends me videos on current events. Thus, this is one of apps that I get most of my news from. I recommend it if you are interested on watching short clips on current events and news going on in the world around us.

One of the best places I get my news from is friends and family. Most of the time I hear about what is going on in the world around me from word of mouth. There are many people who will see or hear things before I do and share them because they are very vocal about expressing their opinion. This leads to great conversation on different view points. I recommend asking people face to face what they have heard about current events happing today and their viewpoints on it. 

Our iPhones automatically have apple news on them. Thus, many times I will get my news from apple news as it will send notifications on current events. One good thing about apple news is that it has several publishers and thus several different view points. It also takes some of the top stories and sends them to you through the day so you can stay on top of what's going on. I recommend apple news as it has proven to be a reliable source and fact based and not biased. 

Television is another place I keep up to date with current events. I think Fox News provides good sources of information in more of a conservative way, while still stating the facts. Fox News likes to brake down the "fake news" of the day and point out the truths and the lies going around in our country. This is a different approach to many news sites. Thus, I recommend Fox News if you want to hear a conservative viewpoint and what news might be "fake news."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post: Technology

Technology plays a big role in our lives today. We use it for our social life, for work, for school, for food, for shopping, etc. Technology...