Friday, March 18, 2022

Looking Through a Lens

 

My name is Alexa Franklin, and I am currently a sophomore at High Point University. Growing up I always had a passion for telling stories. My parents got me my first camera when I was 7 years old. I would go around with my siblings taking photos and videos of everything we did together. As I grew up, my Dad had a student who went and worked at Warner Bros Studios. When he came back to my hometown in Illinois, he would visit my Dad and tell him stories of working on set in a studio in California. I was interested in the stories he was telling about the production of a movie. From then on, I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to work behind the camera creating video content. 

As I went through my high school years my Dad got me a job with his business to start learning how to film and edit videos. I then created video content for his business. While working for him, his business gave me the opportunity to be trained in the basics of Adobe Premier Pro, one of the best editing softwares. I continued to look for opportunities to learn about film and editing. My sister was competing in some track events, and so I contacted someone in the News Gazette in my town to see if I could shadow them while they filmed short shots of the event. They allowed me too, and I learned a lot about important shots to get to make a highlight video for a sporting event. 

I soon decided to expand my knowledge on video editing and production by then attending college at High Point University where I am currently studying media production and entrepreneurship. While at college, I started doing photography. I began teaching myself and doing it on the side of my studies.  My parents got me a EOS 6D camera to use to capture better quality photos. Now with my new camera I have been using it to practice photography as well as videography. I have helped in several student projects and have taken some LinkIn photos for students at my school. I have done some friend photo shoots and graduation pictures. I plan on continuing to expand my knowledge behind the camera as I gain more experience here at HPU.

While at college, I also took a drone certification class. I now have my drone license and have been creating video content and capturing phots with the drones my school provides. One of my drone videos of my schools new arena and conference center was featured on all of High Point University’s social media channels. I also declared my minor in social media marketing in order to get a better understanding of marketing on different social media platforms. After I graduate college I want to take what I have learned and apply it at my own studio. I currently have a domain name called Story Tale Studios. At my studio I want to do both videography and photography. I want to be able to create any kind of video or photo content for either weddings, businesses, or even maybe the movie industry. 


SEO: High Point University, News Gazette, Story Tale Studios, Drones, EOS 6D camera, Videography, Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post: Technology

Technology plays a big role in our lives today. We use it for our social life, for work, for school, for food, for shopping, etc. Technology...